Darkroom has always been a quiet achiever and has not got the attention it deserved. After winning the 2020 Apple Design Award, it is great to see Darkroom appearing more in reviews and recommendations. Darkroom has a very clean and intutive interface with a low learning curve similar to Pixelmator Photo. The iPhone application is particularly impressive, with a wide range of photo editing tools making good use of the smaller screen size.
I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you real information about the best technology products. I am an independent blogger and the reviews are done based on my own opinions.
Please find further details on Darkroom (iPad) in the following articles:
Winner of the 2020 Apple Design Award, Darkroom is a well-featured and popular photo editor that is available on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Darkroom has a clean and intutive interface whilst still offering a wide range of photo editing tools.
- Intuitive and user friendly interface.
- A one-off purchase is available if you are not keen on a subscription.
- Interface is very fast and fluid with zero lags.
- Clean interface works well on iPads of all sizes.
- The Clarity feature is very impressive.
- Integration into Apple Photos library is well implemented and seamless.
- Subscription pricing model may not be to everyones taste. However, a one-off charge is available.